Criteria for Undergraduate Student Application - Summer
Summer 2014 for attendance at Southeast Asian Studies Summer Institute (SEASSI) at the University of Wisconsin – Madison June 15, 2015 through August 07, 2015
- Be a undergraduate student at Cornell University who is a U. S. citizen or a U.S. permanent resident (in posession of a "Permanent Resident Card" or "green card").
- Show intent to continue studies at Cornell to graduation.
- Show potential for high academic achievement based on indicators such as grade point average, class ranking, or similar measures. Also taken into consideration are feasibility and seriousness of intent as demonstrated in the application narratives.
- Agree to pursue full-time study at SEASSI in accordance with their policies and procedures (please reference http://seassi.wisc.edu/ ):
- In a one of the following Southeast Asian languages including: Burmese, Khmer, Indonesian, Filipino, Thai, or Vietnamese at the INTERMEDIATE level or above.
- From June 15, 2015 through August 07, 2015
- Applications from native speakers are less likely to be considered.
- Alternate fellows will be designated if all available fellowships are distributed and additional applicants are deemed qualified to receive a fellowship.
- Questions may be referred to: Thamora Fishel at email@example.com or (607) 255-8902.
Summer 2014 FLAS fellowships provide:
Tuition and fees to attend Southeast Asian Studies Summer Institute (SEASSI) June 15, through August 07, 2015 and a stipend of $2,500. SEASSI is currently located at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.
Please note that SEAP and SEASSI both require applications to SEASSI to facilitate the highest possible acceptance and enrollment in this intensive summer language program.
- Two to Three Undergraduate Student Fellowships to study Burmese, Filipino, Indonesian, Javanese, Khmer, Thai or Vietnamese at the intermediate level (2nd year) or above.
- Click Here to learn about eligibility requirements and to apply through SEASSI.