In line with the Cha-am Hua Hin Declaration on Strengthening Cooperation on Education to Achieve an ASEAN Caring and Sharing Community, the ASEAN Business Advisory Council (ASEAN-BAC) is looking into encouraging regional cooperation by providing scholarships in selected ASEAN universities for students wishing to study programs relating to business and technology. The ASEAN-BAC Scholarship program aims to foster “ASEAN youths with ASEAN hearts", and is a way for the private sector of ASEAN to continually contribute towards the enhancement of “People-to-People Connectivity" (P2P).
This initiative has received the full support of ASEAN Leaders when it was presented as one of the key recommendations provided by ASEAN-BAC during its annual dialogue session with the ASEAN Leaders held on the sidelined of the 19th ASEAN Leaders Summit in Bali, Indonesia.
As a start, ASEAN-BAC has agreed to work with Tan Tao University (TTU) in Viet Nam to offer scholarships for 50 students from throughout ASEAN Member States, worth up to USD 27,500 per student, in the 2012 and 2013 school year. It is hoped that this pilot project between ASEANญBAC and TTU will spur other universities in the region to offer similar programs for students ASEAN-wide.
• Cumulative GPA of 10th, 11th and 12th grades: over 3/4 or 7.5/10 (or equivalent)
• English level:
o For technical majors: TOEFL PBT of 550 or TOEFL CBT of 243 or TOEFL iBT of 97
o For business and finance majors: TOEFL PBT of 580 or TOEFLE CBT of 257 or TOEFL iBT of 1024
In order to apply to Tan Tao University for ASEAN-BAC Scholarship, students must send a
package of documents to Admission Office at Tan Tao University, Tan Tao University Avenue,
Tan Duc Ecity, Duc Hoa District, Long An Province, Vietnam
The package must include:
1. Completed ASEAN-BAC Scholarship Registration Form
2. 01 copy of notarized academic transcripts of Grades 10, 11, and 12
3. Certificate of English Proficiency: TOEFL (CBT or PBT or iBT)
4. Written Essay (topic to be provided by TTU)
5. Letters of recommendation (2 letters from Teachers)
6. 01 copy of notarized Identification Card
7. Certificate of Extra-curricular Activities (if available)
8. Copy of Passport
9. Copy of notarized Certificate of High school Diploma
10. Other Certificates (list only, if any)
11. 6 passport photos of 30 mm x 40 mm
• 15th – 30th June, Interview via Skype.
• 15th – 20th July, candidate will receive a package of documents that includes: letter of
acceptance, Scholarship announcement and other documents for candidate to fill in for
admission preparation and visa application.
• 31st July, deadline for Candidate to complete the visa application form and send back to
TTU. If cleared by the Immigration Bureau, TTU will send notification of approval to
applicant. This document will be the official approval document of admission for the
• 15th – 20th August, TTU will send back Certificate of Eligibility immediately to candidate
so that they can apply for visa at the Vietnam Embassy at their country.
• 1st September, Reporting day